Wednesday 24 July 2013

REALITY 102

Like my Father.

 Hello everyone!...How have you all been faring?Here's me fulfilling the promise to share my default reality like the good girl that I am...I hope this points someone in the way of the totally resplendent God.Enjoy!
    I get to thinking sometimes that when I act out my quirks&show some traits, God just laughs in the heavens and says,"I created this one for my humor and pleasure...Lizzie!You color this world of mine!"
  More often than not,i catch myself doing some things and then I shake my head because it strikingly resembles His nature.
I want to share in this post a couple of traits that expresses the semblance between me and my father.

First Case scenario
  A short while ago,I had a conversation with myself(Yeah, I do that a lot) when I saw something I should have thrown away long long ago while searching for something else.
A classic case of the pack rat syndrome.I am the kid who believes without wavering that I would find use for an empty cream container five years from now...silly uh?I knoow.You don't even want to hear about my neatly ironed and hanged primary and secondary school uniforms(I attended quite a number,mind you) or my notes,exam question papers and photocopies inspiye of my spring cleanings.lol
   I think it was an old Nokia charger that blew up(No Thanks to Phcn) which I believed would work someday.On sighting it, i laughed&teased myself, "Lizzie,you can keep ehn?" You know,when you are teased, the natural reaction is to defend oneself...innit?
So,i replied, "Its not my fault,I am like my father jor.He doesn't t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ give up on anyone.He loves timelessly(I mean,isn't it amazing that while we were yet sinners....Christ died for us?) and unconditionally(even when you fall short,His hands are loving outstretched to help you up and bring you close).He doesn't let go"
I *yimu-ed* at myself and moved on.
   A short while after,that convo with myself rang in my head strikingly and I started to muse/ponder at how I am truly like my father. You can laugh all you want,but its true.

Second case scenario
I once cooked dinner for a male acquaintance when his options were few and he was gushing with thanks at what I felt,he could do better than(I mean with his numerous culinary-pro girlfriends).#Just saying..
The conversation ensued thus;

  

It didn't strike me till the morning after.As funny and unexpected this allusion might be,it brought home a message about how leading people to God for salvation&freedom is a major character trait I should express...
..." And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation"

Third case scenario
  This happens everytime I am accused of not changing.You know how people say,especially when they haven't seen you in a long while, "Kai!Na wa for you o!You haven't changed.You mean,you still behave like this?".
Here's how I respond, "How can I change,when my father is the SAME yesterday,todayand forever?"...lol.
I said this in response to a senior friend.He shook his head and goes,"Lizzie,you can't be caught without an answer sha.You always have the last word"
P.s;I learnt that response from my biological dad.
   My Pastor once taught a series on Being Like the Father last year using the expression of the fruits of the Holy spirit(Love,Joy,Peace,Patience,Kindness etc) as our default identity and character traits when we come to Christ.She emphasized the following:
-God is our father
-The Holy spirit abides in us as a gift from God.
-The workings of the Holy spirit in us births our character.
-The expression of these fruits based on revelation from God's word should be evident that God is accurately reproducing His nature in me.
-Stay committed to this metamorphosis process...Be consistent in praying,living the word and fellowshiping with this awesome gift from God-The Holy Spirit.
   And like another favourite Pastor will say,
"GOD-IN-ME- THE CONSTANT EXTERNAL EXPRESSION OF AN INWARD EXPERIENCE".

*clears throat and tests the mic*...
MY NAME IS LIZZIE AND I a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶ RESEMBLE MY FATHER!

Ta da!

Who do you resemble?

Do share your stories of the traits you share with your father in the comment box.

Stay Resplendent as always!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...