Thursday 15 August 2013

Day 15...Gratitude Journal Challenge

    A beautiful evening to you,dear reader.Doing great?*smiles like a big aunt*
(whatever that means ..lol)Activities winding down already?Hope you took my advice from yesterday and made today count?
    Hmmm...how do I begin?...Oh well,let's get to it already....I woke up today world weary.Really folks,happiness is a choice,misery is optional.You gotta make the choice to stay upbeat by being #Thankful.
God's word particularly provides a way out of misery&depression by asking us to give thanks in EVERYTHING for its God's will for us and you and I know for God's will is definitely the best, not just because it orchestrates all things for our good but because its all-knowing and the best you can count on.
        Ehen,I was saying,i woke up world weary,dejected,disoriented,depressed,in short, every negative 'D' letter word fits the bill.Somehow,the things that didn't look like it got magnified and I wallowed....oh how I wallowed in my pity party.
Thank God for the Holy Spirit.Yes,it had to be Him that reminded me that were no alternatives to God's faithfulness,integrity&bigger-mindblowing plans for me especially when an unexpectedly indefinite strike dragged on in my last semester in school(just when I should be rounding up)when I didn't have money on me,no job or project to engage me,couldn't boast of cut&join 24hr power supply in 4days&when it seemed the devil was laughing at personal battles I don't care to mention here.
        So,i sat,huddled together at the edge of my bed and I uttered a heartfelt prayer. I told Him how low I felt,i even told Him I was sure He knew and could see me floundering,I babbled on for a couple minutes .At the end,i said God,'Don't be upset at the tone of my voice,I don't mean to slight or disrespect you,i just want to see what you plan on bringing out through this circumstances,I'm tired.plus,i can't take this terrible power situation anymore.
  
    {Can you relate to the frustrating feeling when for days on end,surrounding parts of same city including markets have electricity and you don't?Do you know how it feels to hear that ''No'' or ''There is no space'' when you lug your phones,laptop and rechargeable lamps to charge everywhere you hear the sound of a generator or see electricity?Last night,when those guys were shouting during some football match(I think Nigeria was winning or something),it got to me and I angrily tweeted this,''Am I the only one who is exasperated at this football match shouts on a dark night?Why celebrate a nation who can't provide 24hrs electricity for four days and counting?''...i didn't know I was capable of being that pissed...lol...Funny how I got a follower from nowhere who encouraged me to still believe in and celebrate Nigeria}....

     So I just said to God,'i believe there is nothing impossible for you to do,Please touch their hearts or influence them by your power(I wanted His wrath and indignation in Jack Bauer style to rain on phcn..lol) to turn on the lights.Amen!
      After my prayer rant,I encouraged myself in Him,declaring that I was gonna trust Him even when the deafening silence got too much for me or when I couldn't see Him,i was gonna hold on to His Love and promise to work everything out for my good.
    I carried out a couple of chores,ate pickily(which is unlike me),skimmed through a few books and lazied about generally.
Just as I prepared to go into school at about early evening and charge at the conference center,power was restored.Boy!
You know that feeling when you can't scream,laugh or cry,there's just this calm on your inside and a loss of words behind an overwhelming feeling of Gratitude that you just know He understands?
Yeah.that's how I felt.By the time the words would come,it was simple and concise,
From my lips to God's ears,I uttered, ''Thank you God!You don't fail ever''..As in eh,my characteristic big grammar no feature at all.I just plugged in my devices.
     This might feel insignificant to you in the scheme of things or a lesser cross than the one you bearing but I purposely shared this experience to remind someone out there that God is faithful and cares about the teeny,weeny,little-est bit of your life and He does comfort you while working out His magnificent plan.
     Please learn to encourage yourself in the Lord and stay #Thankful!
He does answer Prayers.
    And So,i'm kicking off my entry today with Gratitude for my experience today and how God brought me out of it and is still upholding me with His right hand of Righteousness.I am convinced its helped someone.
Hang in there buddy,friend,...etc!
Thanksgiving begets Thanksgiving
The testimony of one is the Spirit of prophecy....Whatever doesn't look like it at the moment.Hold on to God,He does come through.Trust Him especially when you can't see or hear Him.
I'm thankful for what He's doing even when I can't make sense out of it.

    A-level results came out recently and the average performance wasn't too impressive nationwide.I'm just thankful for my neighbor who passed in flying colors(I haven't heard or used that expression in ages,I needed to fell it pass through my lips..lol)
''He who has started a good work would continue it till the perfect day''

    Last night,'Kaego,my fellow blogger-in-gratitude ran me ragged with her post....pheew! I hadn't read a post that breezy in a while.Yes she had a long day and was tired while typing and posting,but I felt like I could barely keep up as my eyes&brain breezed through with her from top to finish..lol. So,i pinged her and lamented at the unnecessary exercise.She laughed at me and went on about how it was good for me plus I needed to loose some weight from all the food I had been eating seeing as i'm a self-acclaimed foodie...smh
She taught I would have reached iya fatai,,,
''If only you knew...the labor of love I joyfully put in for food without results...E no dey show for my body jor.what weight am I loosing?abeg jor.All the love I express for food that she doesn't reciprocate'' -I replied in a mock sad voice via a voice note.
She laughed and said,'You should be #Thankful you don't hafta worry about calories and exercise and d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶E̶z̶i̶ ̶.
It just struck me how truly blessed I was to devour that much and not get fat...i'm not even going to listen to those of you who think it'll show in the future.Please keep that opinion to yourself.Thank you very much.
Lol...So,i'm grateful I don't have to fight weight gain battles.Thank you Lord for the unrestrained freedom to enjoy your Love made edible in the form of Food.

I am especially #Thankful for Electricity.I don't know why the lack gets to me this much but I am a child of Light biko and power supply makes work easier and removes the drudgery from your day.Ask 'round...It is good that man should have electricity.

Finally,i'm thankful for the comfort of my very own porcelain throne within my room.Stop looking at me like you don't use the toilet jare.Yes,i'm thankful for my toilet.I'v'e been teased about my amusing habit of eating and sharing with the toilet a short while after since I was a kid. Don't worry,don't be overly baffled.i don't understand it myself...lol
Here's me taking out time to be #grateful for what's easily taken for granted. I can stroll in and out without any inhibitions and anyone knocking or waiting for their turn.
Lol....

What are you thankful for?
Remember,its a conscious effort.You gotta decide to be thankful for something.God has been good,believe it or not.Let Him know how much you appreciate it....especially when things aren't going well.
It is then He inhabits and is enthroned to take over such situations for your good.

Thank you for reading.
Bless your heart!

Stay Resplendent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...