Tuesday 27 August 2013

Day 27...Gratitude Journal Challenge with Mayowa

      Hi there!...How are you doing fellas?...
Checked out all on that to-do list yet?I hope for your sakes,yes....So tell me, did you eat well like I did?(beef burger,jollof rice,coconut biscuit,cherry nut biscuit,cookies,plain biscuit,weekender biscuit,rice and stew garnished with Russian salad.)Hehehehe...I knowwww!...I love food sha and i'm thankful for every single provision of food i'm blessed with.
Food is important for our overall body function you know?Thus our food choices and eating pattern counts for a lot....and no,i'm not a nutritionist....
Oh well,I had a pretty good day,ran a couple of errands and hung out in school with friends and enjoyed electricity(even as I type.)Its so exhilarating people!...power supply..Yaaaay!!
*dancing on one leg*...I haven't done that in a while.
      In other news,I was shaken to my core this morning like I hadn't been since June 2012(don't ask what about please)...and I cried Boy!did macho Lizzy cry? .Here's how it happened;
I needed my sister to meet me at the beginning of my street so we could go somewhere together.I had gone out earlier to get some money and asked her to meet me the moment she got my call.Unfortunately,I discovered I didn't have call credit by the time I was ready to call and so,I sent her a 'please call me back message'...She didn't code on time,I was patient(being kept waiting freaks m out)and I decided to buy call credit to call her.I walked a little into the street to a shop I hadn't bought stuff from in a long while but whose owners I knew pretty well and had developed a good rapport with in my close to 3years residence in that 'hood......I walked up to the shop owner's. second daughter whom I met in front and asked for recharge card,her elder sister who had the card inside her apron probably heard from inside and came to me without a word.We exchanged pleasantries and I didn't think to ask why she was around 'cos we were all affected by the strike and they had always faithfully helped her out in the shop....In my characteristic discreet manner(Thank God my voice wasn't loud),I asked softly about her mum's whereabouts and if she travelled for awhile as it struck me right there and then that I hadn't seen her.
She looked at me with surprise and said with teary eyes,'you don't know my mother's dead?...Lord!!!...it felt like someone stuck a knife and blindly twisted my guts...."She's been dead since may" like she was talking about some hike in the price of garri in the market.So matter of factly.
In subconscious slow motion I apologized profusely for not knowing?for bringing up that memory and fresh grief?both maybe?*shrugs* and left.I couldn't even shout or let my jaw drop or ask any questions...It was still unreal...Is that how people die?You see them today and don't tomorrow.
I paid for the credit,called my sister that I was waiting and walked down to my house like a programmed robot.Tears had begun to well up as I beat myself up over not knowing someone I greeted regularly had been deceased for over three months?! ...Honestly,I was weakened instantly,It sure put a dapper on my day.
It pained me more when I realized how her daughter had suddenly been saddled with the responsibility of being a mother to her siblings and how I didn't get to say goodbye....As I wept and struggled with how God intended to bring something good out of this and what I needed to be grateful for (its incredible how that was a major thought in the midst of grief.Gratitude?..wow!...)I decidedly encouraged myself and prayed for strength,warmth and the multi-dimensional expression of God's unconditional love for 'em.
In the course of the day,God saw my pain and lovingly,commitedly used words(song lyrics inclusive) to pull me up from that dreary state in circumstances I cannot begin to explain.11 thess 2:16,17.
I just knew from my inside that God is Faithful and has got my back,that inspite of it all,He alone could be "entrusted" with my utmost "trust"....Even as tears well up at the thought and typing of an account of a shocking,sad death in my opinion(that is seemingly unconnected to me)I just know am comforted by God...I just know...I just know.Oh how I just know!

Pheeew!..getting that out was therapeutic!..
Thank you for listening...On to the thanking folks!...My unflinching conclusion(even in tragic situations) is God is faithful and is eternally worthy of my gratitude and #thanksgiving....

Mayowa,my cute,winsome sweetheart and fellow chorister is on board tonight to share what she's thankful for...Enjoy!

Mayowa
This is the day that the Lord has made,we will rejoice and be glad in it.
I slept pretty late thanks to the new series movie I came across.Hearing my mum scream my name from her room this morning, I jolted out of bed to the bathroom to wash my face. Looking at the clock only to realise its still pretty early ,it read 7am...*covers face*( ASUU is on strike naa).
Anyways am grateful for sleeping and waking up. You know how we take it like its our right when really,its a privilege.

I'm also grateful for my parents-they are indeed amazing with the unending tasks and errands they make me run daily(who am I to complain?how dare I?..lol)I realize i'm also grateful for my siblings(its not easy to be the second out of three kids ooo especially when the 1st is working and the last isn't around. Mehnn... U gats do plenty chores...lol..i'm equally grateful for cousins and extended family.

Thirdly,I'm grateful for who I am. I can't pride myself of being all and all but trust me,u wld love me if u got to know me *battling eyelashes*.. But really, i'm grateful that I possess the virtues I have,I love God.He made me this great person...Go figure!

I'm thankful for the people around me. People who would push you to acheive something great,my family in school(VHF-amazinggg people). Friends like Elisabeth(trust me,I would really never have considered writing anything and posting online),Chidinma,Christiana,Bose,Damilola Whenu,Peace Emmanuel,Yinka Adebayo,Kelechukwu Babajide,Laolu Ogunmekan,Tola balogun,Caroline Latona,Ife Balogun,Eniola Adesanya,Okiki, My one and only Tobi Dada... Mehn,the list is endless o. (You need to meet this great men and women ).

Lastly, I'm oh so grateful for entertainment *covering eyes* fashion(good clothing),tv shows,food,riddles,jokes,music,dancing,going out with friends,fellowshiping with the brethen,watching movies,lounging,gadgets...
God is good at all times,that I know for a surety and he loves all us.

Thank you for reading!

God bless y'all...
Please drop by to visit my friend's gratitude posts @www.eziaha.com and www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com...

Don't forget to enjoy those DAILY BENEFITS folks!

Live Resplendently!

Nanyt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...