Thursday 22 August 2013

Day 22...Gratitude Journal Challenge with Tim-Ola-Bam

 *breezing in*...Hello everybody!...Watagwan?How's it going?
I had the most fabtastic,Super-duper day today.Truly,if my parents knew half the things I do,i'll become a distance learning student all the way from anambra state..lol...as in I will be withdrawn faster than I can blink an eye...that is besides the heart attack I'lld have given my mother for g̶l̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶state trotting....hehehehe.
*covers mouth with the side of my palm* ...
I breezed in and out of Lagos today....The things we do for love sha *sigh*...I know what you are thinking,you better don't go there jor...It wasn't a man... I really missed my church family so much I just had to make the hangout they planned for students in lasgidi today.That's how I and a couple friends piled into a car and drove off to Lagos....hhehheehee...
Oh boy!don't we young'uns just thrive on the thrill of illegal trips?lol
You shoulda heard the rate of my heartbeat when my mum called to ask a totally different question...lol
God is watching us...Many of us won't have the legal grounds to reprimand our children if they toe this path in the nearest future.
So,I hung out,played games,fellowshipped,got built up spiritually(Shout to P.Sam,the Aucsf presdient for being a blessing) and of course physically too with food..*big grin*
Walahi!Vhf rocks!..to the moon,round the planets,the earth over&back.I heart this family more than numbers.God bless d day He birthed the times and seasons of my life into this pillar and ground of truth.My story just isn't complete without this remarkable vision; Vhf(Vessels of Honour Foundation)
    I'm #grateful for a great day,it sure was a reprieve from my status quo daily activity...I'm #thankful for friends,my church family and the gift of laughter,grace and journey mercies.It could only have been God who kept us.I think He loves it when His children have fun too..
We were divided into teams for the games we played.Guess the name of my team?...Asuu..lol.we immediately termed the other team FG...Guess who won?Asuu of course ..lol..It was hilarious how uninhibited and childlike we got today.I'm so #Thankful& exhilarated.
.....God is Faithful!...You just see things from His perspective.Come up hither.His integrity can be counted on...Always a step ahead,orchestrating everything for our good.

Timolabam is here tonight to share his #Gratitudejournal with us today...Enjoy!

Timolabam
I woke up this morning, anticipating what blessings to be thankful for. After all, that's what this ingenuous challenge is all about. But it turned out that as I turned to God in prayers, it dawned on me how much of his blessings I'd not been purposefully grateful for. I launched into an unusual session of thanksgiving- the kind I've not had in ages. In deed, he has done so much for me, in me, and through me. Besides, I got a blueprint for this challenge during today's extraordinary worship: I would be thanking God for persons that were a blessing to me today, rather than benefits that came my way. I start by thanking God for dear Lizzy (don't be tensed up; it's not time to reveal that unique nickname my sister honoured you with) for re-directing us to the path of praise. Gratitude is an attitude we all must imbibe.

I thank God for Mike Oluwaseyi Bamigboye, my son and president (don't ask me who his mum is); and for Gbemisola Osadua, the best president UItes never had, (I have a right to opine, don't I?) who were a year older today. These are men (yeah, male man and female man) who stand tall in character, and in passionate pursuit of their visions. It's been awesome sharing thoughts with these dynamic colleagues. I've definitely had virtues rub off on me, relating with the duo; for this, I'm grateful.

Hmmm...I thank God for someone I can faintly remember now: my kindergatten 'aunty.' Aunty Betty laid a solid foundation for me, for which I'm eternally grateful. Gracious God! With the atrocious grammar I've had to battle with these few days of marking NECO scripts, (there you have it, Vivian and co), it occurred to me how much of a blessing she was to me. I take nothing away from the dedicated teachers that built on this foundation at Afadebo Nursery and Primary School, Sango, Ibadan. God bless you richly.

Thank God for my Nokia X2 phone; and for Nigerian Gospel Ministers like Chris Delvan, Chris Morgan, Sinach, RCCG Choir, and Eben, my senior friend. You wonder why? In spite of the fact that there's been power outage all through today, and in spite of the ever disappointing low battery life of my BB, I was not in short supply of quality, soul-lifting worship, thanks to my Nokia phone and these men of God. In an industry where gospel music has virtually lost its identity, thanks to the yeast of 'wordly entertainment' packaging, I can't but thank God for these remnants, and pray they survive the onslaught.

Lastly, I thank God for the Holy Spirit, my best friend. I've never ceased to wonder why some Christians complain of boredom, when you have the exciting third person of the Trinity in you. Times today when I burst out in momentary 'tongues,' I wondered if I had gone nuts! Then I retorted, 'didn't the Holy Bible admonish us not to be drunk with wine but with the Spirit?' My friend, there is not a life as exciting as that of the spiritual man.

Seyi Aikulola, my secondary school colleague, once told of an experience he had in church. He was standing next to a lanky man, who prayed in English even though the prayer points were led in Yoruba. At some point, the man got stuck. The conductor had said 'eni ba dupe ore ana, a ri omiran gba.' Seyi held back the rumbling laughter that was buiding up when he heard the man's interpretation. He said, 'He who thanks for the good of yesterday will surely see another!' I hope I'll see 'another' in days to come. I'm grateful, God.

PS: You know what? As I was about sending this mail, light was restored. In deed, God honours praise!


You know where to do now?Lemme quickly run through the to-do list again.
1.Don't forget to express the dialect of #Thanksgiving today.God is undeniably good.
2.Drop by and enjoy my fellow bloggers-in-gratitude's posts tonight @www.eziaha.com and www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com
Amazing stuff to be grateful for...

It was fun sharing with you again tonight.
Thanks for dropping by.....

Live Resplendently!...and Gratitudunal too
Lizzie.

2 comments:

  1. Chris delvan is Nigerian!!!
    Oh my!!!
    Lizzie Team Asuu
    Chai
    No words
    I'll just call ur mom
    Well done guest blogger and host blogger
    Double barrelled indeed
    E'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please ooo...don't call.Thou shall not spoil my parole.She'll finally give up on hopes of transforming my liver from that of a lion to a chicken.lool..Besides,I have only but my numbered student days to do this..hehehehe...
      Thank you for the compliment jare.
      #Thankful.

      Delete

I love to hear from you...