Friday 30 August 2013

Day 30...Gratitude Journal Challenge with Victor

    Lately,I find that i'm getting more in touch with my inner child..lol..pay that statement no mind. I meant to say that I tear up everytime the reality of our concluding #gratitude blog journal comes home to me.(show of hands if you can relate please!)
As far as i'm concerned,it came too soon. I can picture God reclining in a sofa and having a good laugh at me.Why you ask?...You should have seen the look on my face when Eziaha asked to be a part of this challenge.I never thought I would have the will,capacity or resource to do this for 31 days!!!...
Boy!am I grateful i signed up?...The intensity level of my resplendence and sweet smelling savor just flew off the charts...if I do say so myself.God's used this to accurately reproduce His nature in me....For this,i'm #thankful.
....Good evening to you too.

Yaaaay!!!...i'm so excited...hehehehe
Remember my amazing friend who featured yesterday&bragged about giving me my first cinema experience?Yeah well,I did see the movie today and it was all shades of thrilling and super-duper!...whoooooo!!!...
Of course you can trust i'm grateful!...for the radio show all expense paid movie experience(plus free popcorn and drinks)....and for Adonia whose tenacity at giving them OAP's a run for their money with our tweets,calls,facebook comments and all what not got us to see this movie.I guess they would sigh in relief at the reprieve from our harassment now..lol

 I'm equally #thankful for electricity today,food(I ate coconut rice and double layered sponge cake for the first time today..yaaaaaay!)for mercies and the testimonies I receive left,right&centre on a daily basis from ghost readers(lol) and friends who have been blessed&inspired to lead lives of #gratitude especially as expressed in their commitment to keeping a personal#gratitude journal.I mean,people who shouldn't by rights have discovered this blog,now have as a result of referrals and gist amongst friends.Truly,there's no better ad strategy than the human-word of mouth method.
It gets even better...folks have been asking to still sign up to feature their #gratitude journal entries in spite of the fact that the challenge is officially coming to a close tomorrow.*stifles sob*...Oh Well,i'm grateful for consistency and since its an attitude that fulfills God's will,I'll just take the advice of my fellow #gratitudejournal blogger(Giantsparkle) who said 'You keep it going babe!' when I asked her opinion on what to do about the continuous requests to share #gratitude journals.
The be-all and end-all is this, The #gratitude journal may be officially over as a challenge,but its a lifetime project and so,my arms are extended to anyone who wishes to share his/her reasons for thankfulness. Feel free to holler@spunkyliz2009@yahoo.com

Today,i'm thankful for Victor,a childhood friend and pest whom I insist doesn't count as older than me 'cos he came out three days before I was born...He was too restless and God decided to relieve his mom so he can come see and enjoy the world...lol...You know I still love you Victor..yeah?*wink*.....
Lets hear it dear,what are you #thankful for?

Victor
Hi. The name is Victor Isibor. And I'm feeling very humbled to be able to say my piece in this blog. (Thank you Lizzy). So I'm thankful to God for several things that have happened in my life from the early years I can remember till even now. Well for people who don't know me, here's a little intro to enhance understanding. I am an undergrad in the University of Lagos studying medicine and thankfully in my clinical years and currently in school (else asuu would have sent me home).

I am currently undergoing my psychiatry posting.
Today I went to see a patient of mine in the psych wards and as usual he (already anticipating my visit) was waiting at the metal doors. After all the profuse greetings to and fro and the review he asked me (for perhaps the hundreth time since we first met) when he could go home.While I gave him the usual
".don't worry-you will-get-better-soon-just- take-your-drugs-routine",i couldn't help but be thankful (again) for my simple but wonderful unimpaired cognitive functions. I can think, I can learn and I can do what I want when I want because God who loves me in his grace has made it so. Thank you Jesus. Even as I left the ward this evening and made small talk with my friends, I was surprised as our discussion came back to the same topic on my mind. Bless God.

Also as I type this I am on a journey to Badagry. For those of you in Lagos you know how far it is from everywhere else and I'm travelling in the knowledge that the Lord of Heaven's Armies goes before me. So I'm thankful both for the knowledge that brings peace and the protection.

I'm grateful for the safe trip of my mum. She travelled recently and returned about two days ago. And for my best friend who got admitted in a foreign university. God has really been faithful to him.

And most importantly for the kind of people God sends my way. The great people he uses to build me up to what I'm becoming. I am eternally grateful.


Thank you for reading.... And thank you lizzy once again. You are a real gem.

Lizzie
Awww...*blushing*..but hey!dark folks don't blush right?...lol...I am thankful for compliments.Thank you é̶g̶b̶o̶n̶Victor!

Do skip over to enjoy @www eziaha.com and www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com ....
The #Thanksgiving live doesn't get any more exciting yo!Remember to stay #thankful in the weekend and coming month.

Live Resplendently!
Lizzie.

2 comments:

  1. JEALOUS MUCH AT THIS '...food(I ate coconut rice and double layered sponge cake for the first time today..yaaaaaay!)'
    Loool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...don't be now...what with all the trips you to coldstone&all that you torture us with?...Abeg,lemme enjoy jor...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you...