Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day 20...Gratitude Journal Challenge with Wokinda Saresihn

    Hola amigos!...How'dy folks!..Isn't it amazing how we meet up here every evening?Like our very own inner caucus hangout.*wink*..I expect you having as much fun as I am here....Ehen,please pass the candy around..God loves a cheerful giver.Hehehe...Thank you!
    So tell me,how did your day go?I'm very certain its been characterized by God's daily benefits.Here's hoping you've been consciously enjoying 'em....mine was restful,ran a couple errands.Thanks for asking.
    Today,i'm #Grateful for friends that stick closer than a brother.God bless Titi for reaching out to me with a wake-up timely,gingering word.I'm also #Thankful for sleep,electricity&food....not to forget the huge unexpected blessing I received today.
Dear God!You are incredible.You are always a step ahead and I love you for it.I'm learning to trust you and do away with the worries 'cos the way you orchestrate events just blows my mind.
   I wanna take time out to remind you that in God,there is no fear.He is Love remember? and there can be no fear in love.1John 4:18.
So trust Him today.He's able and He's got you.
With Him at the helm,there's never a reason to be petrified.You can lounge plenty...and sleep too..lol..I hope that encourages someone in some situation.

So on to the #Thanking...
Its my pleasure to introduce(Wait up!did I mention how grateful I am for the privilege to inspire others to a lifestyle of #Thanksgiving through this challenge?) Ehen,as I was saying,its my pleasure to introduce another one friend I successfully harassed to join in the challenge..Hehhehe.Wokinda Saresihn(pen name)We  got acquainted in my hey days on Fbk only to learn we were in same uni at the time(he's a graduate now sha.).This virtual world sha.

Let's welcome him with a standing clap-vation(I coin new words too).

 This is someplace outta the world, not the 'norm' we have been used to for the past 20 days (LOL). Call me the scarcely religious dude, the upwardly mobile (though often indoors), but I sure know how to be 'gratitudinal' sorry appreciative to God of everyday marvels in my life.

Yea, it wasnt just fun today, it was fun-filled too.

I returned to Ibadan, after about 4 months away NYSC-sojourning in "No yorubaMan's igboLand", and my brain being filled with the 'difficult' language of Coal City region I decided i've had my fill lest i run mad; and so I ran away for a while. And so all i have been eating with my friends is bought (suffering)food- you know bachelor's struggles now. But we threw in the gauntlet today and decided to buy some kitchen necessities. Now picture 3 guys following one another around the market and buying things we traditionally expects our 'wives' to buy. We cooked it ourselves and I must disappoint you by telling you this - the things we cooked was sweet despite spending a record 3 hours plus preparing everything. Dont laugh!

I have a dream of growing my cheeks into sizeable proportion before I return to 'sojourn-land' so dont blame me, I ate the delicacy to maximisation. Dont ask what we ate, that's food-for-another-day.#Thankful.

And PHCN, they tried to spoil the fun-day for us but thank God for generators, PS 2 gaming, whot (cards), phones charging, connecting with the globalised world; a few friends came calling too. Please dont envy my little side of the world, I'm sure you had a better day.

Did you also notice the weather was below normal temperature today? I mean cold. That's the kind of weather some people call weather-for-two, sorry weather for 'tea'. You may want to grab a hot tea or soup, sweater, pillow or quilt (only if you you are Dangote's child though) if the chill still persists till now.
#Grateful for the weather&materials that protect us from the elements.

It's not a Sunday so there's full license to lounge on a neat day like this in this country. That seems to be the only thing keeping us going: the little things of this world which we make one another happy with- enjoying one another's company, eating good food, asking after one another, celebrating with one another and so on, we must surely be thankful. The day had its lows too but highs cancelled out the lows, and that is. beautiful enough for us as individuals to appreciate God for giving us the opportunity to experience life. Yes, we are better than Angels in this.

And this is why Nigeria still stays gummed together, cos we are thankful for the Grace to live everyday by its cover and most especially because we should always be thankful.



*hands Lizzie the mic*..Thank you Jimi!
P.s;Its 11days to go....
Whooopp-whoop!...*dancing the famous one legged dance*...i'm in awe of God and His workings...don't you just wanna salute Grace for commitment?..
Do holler @my fellow bloggers-in-gratitude before you sign out.
www.eziaha.com and www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com
Nanyt .

Live Resplendently!
*big blogfam hug*

2 comments:

  1. Whoever you are mehn... I love ur writing style
    Ur name tho... Sigh
    Looool.
    So u guys cooked well? I'm disappointed... Anywahs who will we ask sef?
    Lol
    Amazing one dear
    E'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe...ever heard of the phenomenon of settling PA's?I can tell you his name for the right price.
    Lol@disappointment o!..you should taste some guys food...sumptous doesn't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you...