Saturday 17 August 2013

Day 17...Ajibola's #Gratitude journal entry

 Helloooooo everybody!...Anybody home?*in Kevin's voice(Home alone)*....How are you all doing?I'm sure you slept in today wella.no early morning rush to beat traffic&resumption time and what have you...Good for you jare.You deserve it,don't you?
     I had the most interesting day,...plus plenty lounging too and i'm #Thankful for today including my friend's grandmum's birthday party I got invited to.She clocks 79 tomorrow and is still bubbly&sprightly.She even beat the young dudes and dudettes on the dance floor....lol...She's such an amazingly-vivacious woman whose life i'm #grateful for.
Bless her heart!
   However,i've got news for you guys today.Remember I told you we(me&my fellow bloggers-in-gratitude) were gonna be featuring guest posts?Ahn-ahn now,aren't you too young to be forgetting things?*deep sigh*
Lemme just save you the p̶u̶n̶i̶s̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ stress of going to check out the previous post.
Don't mention.I'm far too kind like that.
Okay,because,y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶#̶G̶r̶a̶t̶i̶t̶u̶d̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶o̶d̶&̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶r̶i̶c̶i̶t̶y̶ I love to not only do God's will but inspire others to follow suit,
  
    "In everything give #Thanks for this is the WILL of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"

A remarkable young man would share his #Gratitudejournal entry with us today.
Awwww,I know,don't miss me much.*blinks back tears*

Hi there Jibola!What you got for us today? *hands over the mic*

    The Attitude O’ Gr atitude journal entry day ‘whatever’, yeah yeah… warefa.
Well, I woke up this morning to see the red blink on my phone; who goes there I thought to myself, I picked it up to see the resplendent ‘Ebunoluwa’ Lizzy’s message congratulating me , sheepishly o, this day that I’m giving thanks to God for making me a better person. Yep! God did make me a better person than I used to be exactly 2years ago on this day.
For some days now, I have been thinking of how I will write a long post on my facebook wall, update PM, Whatsapp status, tweets.., you know the routine na, about how much I appreciate what God did for me. I had it all programmed in my head. Yep! My head (by the way, two lil birds from the Att O’ Grat family never liked that fancy ability of mine), I don’t fancy writing either.
Back to the story jare,.. okay, had it all programmed in my head until Lizzy famzily asked me to be a Superstar Guest writer for a day on the Atti O’ Grat journal entries. Of course, I humbled myself and gracefully accept the offer not because I want my lazy friend to have a day off but to appreciate this wonderful Father, for what He did, done, do, doing (do-ables) for me especially and peeps around. However, I wanna speak for meself only and restricting my thanks to just this day in history.
Prior to this day in 2011 (school days), I had a privilege (unworthy yet Loved) to contest in an election in my Faculty against my namesake and friend. Everyone thought I stood no chance throughout the electioneering that he WAS better (emphasis on was); from election finances to popularity, even to the banners for election campaign. Except for the disparity in vertical extent which happens to favour me *smiles*, however, I have something he didn’t which is humility, that’s what people say, don’t ask me if I do. I sha went through the campaign period with heartache and sleepless nights. Nonetheless, the election came and went with landslide victory against the other Jibola. A miracle one might say!
Though the election kick started it, but it wasn’t d biggy, twas what came afterwards. The team of amazing peeps I worked with built bridges where there was none and mended broken ones. My life and endeavour became a surprise to me to the point that the expectations of people around were met and when it seemed the trouble-mountain looked bigger than I could handle. I simple talked to Baba God and before you know it, the wahala mountain suddenly turns to a piece of cake (thank God I love cakes). Lots of ish arose during the administration especially those that wanted to bring us into disrepute and all sorts But we prevailed. Another funny thing was the mysterious,bizarre beheaded cat n mouse found in the office with no understanding of how they got there or who did it, still by His grace we prevailed.
     Today in history made me realise something important, when God loves you every other person that matters will work to fulfil His destiny over you. For the glorious me to start, the natural gave way to supernatural, normal caved in for mystery. Gosh! Imagine your friends, colleagues and even your rival’s neighbours working to favour your cause, what manner of blessing is greater? None. What more, when God blesses you, everyone will be at peace with you and it stays permanently, as in forever, imagine me still enjoying that wonderful grace till today.
Also, this God just made me prouding all the way! Remember He says you aint blessed yet until you become a blessing (don’t ask me which book of the Bible). The blessings don’t necessarily have to be money, not that I don’t give buh Ievels (I’m there already! Watch me!). The koko is that you MUST touch a life no matter how little. In my own case though, iJoke iLaff iPlay a lot, still in those stupidly wise funny me, knowledge is gained. He embarrassed me so tey, my phone still buzzes with questions begging for answers from me which I wittily provide.
“I have not given you the spirit of fear but of Wisdom and Sound Mind” (google it; literary). About two weeks to this day in 2011, I realised I could win if I really wanted to, though fear persisted buh I didn’t give in. Ever since, I always tell people that there is nothing that you cannot achieve, in as much as it is according to His will and purpose for you. When tz done right, there is this inner peace that overwhelms you, makes you feel like nothing is outta your reach. If God allows it, then the only thing that can stop you is U.
   Now with NYSC al o’er me, I can’t deny but appreciate my One and Everlasting God for His hand upon me. My youth service in this wonderful city + the exciting PPA with super-gracious bosses of life He favoured me with. My gratitude can never be expressed with words and iKnow so. All I can say to this Baba that loves me unconditionally is IMELA

Ajibola
Thank you...

And that's it folks!What are you #Grateful for?

Please drop in at www.eziaha.com and www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com
Goodnight folks!
Resplendent Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha
    You got jibola to do this
    Looool
    I recall this day. Both Jibolas are my good friends. Amazing guys.
    I went in to vote for Suara but ended up voting for Adigun
    My friend and I that is.
    Yup Jibola guest blogging, I didn't vote for you
    :p
    But I was happy you won
    Actually any of you winning would have made me happy
    Any ways, I'm glad to know that two years down the road, you are still thankful
    And i know it's impossible for you to not talk about me directly or indirectly when you write
    Lil bird ko, lil crocodile ni
    Troubler of life
    And it is #attitideo'gratitude not #att o'gratitude
    :p
    Good one darling
    E'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was being generous with the bird tin! Open arms to Lizzy for the opportunity and ;)wink to E' cos the "Troubler Continua Victoria Acountin".
      Any ways, it sure feels good writing about it. Doing so also made me realise 1 bitter truth that no matter how much you write or talk or even play it over n over in your head, tz just not enough compared to His favour in you.
      IMELA Baba

      Delete
  2. Great Write-up!!! @ Ajibola
    I was hooked from start to finish...
    And Yes, nothing compares to the promise we have in Him...
    Weldone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmn, to comment or not to comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooooooooo!...what dance would appropriately herald the famous intellectual's visit to my blog?
      #Thankful much..
      Please comment o!...especially what you are #grateful for.
      *wink*

      And uh,I think the one legged dance would be just dandy..lol

      Delete
  4. Hola amigos!...Thanks for dropping your lines and paragraphs.
    @Ezi-Yes o!..and my eye saw plenty things getting this Oga to share o.The God of #Thanksgiving j̶a̶z̶z̶e̶d̶ spurred him on.Don't mind him,na so so yab,on top my own blog.smh.
    And yes,that day/period was remarkable.
    @Jeebor-*returns hug*.Thank you for being a part.Cheers.
    @Giantsparkle-i see congratulations are in order because you commented successfully ...yes?Thank you for the compliment.I get a cut now.it can't be only for Jibola.Good to know you enjoyed His personal #Thanksgiving dialect.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you...