Sunday 25 August 2013

Day 25...Gratitude Journal Challenge with @Bennyflash

 Whoooo-hooo!....Fabulous,remarkably-exciting day today.Infact this is my default typing as i'm still groggy from sleep.But my heart knows mehn!....Today has been tumbling-flipping exciting all the way.
Blessings innumerable....
Finally dragged my huge frame to church today and it was an unusual combination of exciting,phenomenal,ah-maz-ing and all shades of awesome!...From the ministration of the word to the praise/worship right down to the choir's rendition was characterized by the excellence of God's presence.Go figure!
    Like i've come to understand,God does know how to reiterate what's on His heart till we (His body)get it sha.It seemed like all we've been trying to establish,
cultivate&spread the fame around&abroad right here on this challenge was summed up,copied&pasted today in church....and then some for effect.
I think the minister might just be one of the ghost readers we talk about...lol...I kid.
    God does know and in details too all He does for us,recall the story of one out of ten healed lepers who came to express #Gratitude in Luke 17:11-19?.Go read what Jesus said.
Thanksgiving makes you whole!
I wanna share a quote that literally jumped at me today in church.
   "Some people grumble that roses have thorns,I choose to be #grateful that thorns have roses"
Do not becloud your sight with what God hasn't done that you miss what He has,or how He didn't answer your prayer the way you expected Him to.Learn to concisely express #gratitude to God ALWAYS! Let the words of your mouth and thoughts of your heart resonate an attitude o'gratitude.
Ingratitude stinks yo!...Its worse than revenge because like the minister said,you are repaying good with evil...Thanksgiving on the other hand maximizes God's presence.
  Today,i'm #thankful for the efficacy&power of God's word.There are no variations or revised expressions.Its the same time and again.I'm thankful for emphasis.
I'm equally #grateful for joy unspeakable.The photo shoot session I had with my neighbour and partner-in-mischief today bespeak this fact.The pictures literally oozed joy and resplendence from the inside(my bbm contacts no gree for the intimidation ..lol).I should charge anyone who wants 'em a price.We even h̶a̶r̶r̶a̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ an adult who lives nearby to take a pic with us...hehehehe.The look on His face was just priceless...Like,I don't trust this girls o!lol...
Don't sweat it,I would definitely upload some in the nearest future just like I hafta do with preceding and successive posts.
   I'm also #thankful for favor,as well as the free ride to and fro church.I even had a seat reserved after service in waiting by friends.
Because,i'm fast learning to be eternally,timelessly grateful to an incredible, mindblowing God(Yo'we passed the 21 day benchmark for forming habits),i'll try&wrap it up with gratitude for a sumptuous Sunday meal complete with cold malt...hehehehe.

Okay!I gotta literally stop talking now and introduce my guest blogger tonight.I met this amazing man on twitter and he heartily signed up for the #gratitudejournal challenge...Its my pleasure as always to be the #Gratitudejournal campaign director.Unique privilege o!...Let's make welcome @bennyflash1!


Bennyflash1
I was lying on my bed to retire for the day when I suddenly remembered that I got a twitter DM from Lizzy earlier reminding me of the commitment I made to contribute a piece to the #GratitudeJournal for tomorrow (Sunday). I definitely will not have time to write tomorrow so I have to do it tonight. It took every measure of my will to get up and write this. Well I am #thankful I remembered on time

I am thankful it is Saturday at last! That means some respite from a roller-coaster week of work and personal issues. Great God! Where did I get the mental and physical strengths to last the week?

I am REALLY thankful for the fortitude and calmness to maneuver this week and come out in one piece. Work has never been more strenuous, pressure was at an all-time high. Moreover, I suffered some personal disappointments: the people I trusted most hit me when and where I was most vulnerable. Certainly the most difficult week of my life! I am thankful God has started the healing process and I am coming out wiser and stronger.

I went for a colleague’s wedding ceremony today. I would not have made it to ceremony alive though. God saved me from causing a massive road accident that would have undoubtedly resulted in multiple deaths. It would have definitely been a headliner if the accident had happened. Our convoy of 3 loaded cars was being led by the car occupied by the only person who knew the place (somewhere in Akute, Ogun State). My car was in the middle and we were all on the fast lane. Suddenly our “pilot” braked, cut through 2 lanes to take the exit off the expressway (he obviously forgot we had to take the exit until the last minute). I instinctively followed suit (I was close behind, on 110kph) and missed colliding with 2 other cars by whiskers! Thank you LORD.

LASTMA officials saw what happened and quickly jumped on the road to apprehend us. The culprit escaped. I stopped (what’s the use of running away? I was reckless and I knew it. I was disappointed with myself and the guilt wouldn’t even let me try to escape). Seeing what was happening, the last car quickly swerved back onto the highway and sped away. Now I was in real soup. But they allowed me to go! They did not tow my vehicle, arrest me or even ask for bribe (I was never going to bribe them anyway). LASTMA allowed me to go? Yes! It is a miracle and can only be God!

I saw my “Kid Sister from Another Mother” this evening and she was God-sent. We had not seen in 6 months (typical Lasgidi) so we decided to meet up and spend some time together. Her encouragement and advice was all I needed to smile for the first time and to see some positives in the events of the week. I am grateful Lord for sending your angel, DP, to me this evening. It was evident that you spoke through her.

I think I should stop here. But I must say that I feel much better writing this. I wish I could share some details about my experience of the week but I do not feel like it now. I guess that can wait till later. Right now I am tired, still hurt and angry. But I can also feel God is using those events to teach me to depend only on him and I am learning fast. Thank you my Teacher.

And tomorrow is Sunday! Thank you Lord for your blissful presence.

Lizzie.
Whoops!did you enjoy that half as much as I did?I bet you did....Be #thankful even for the little-est mercies(There are no little mercies by the way)nor recycled ones.New every morning are His love&mercies.
Stay #Thankful....don't even forget to join in on my partners-in-gratitude's journal entries tonight @www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com and www.eziaha.com.

Don't forget to consciously enjoy and be #grateful for the daily benefits He's already loading your week with.

Live Resplendently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...