Wednesday 28 August 2013

Day 28...Gratitude Journal Challenge with Busola

     I uh,don't know how to start today's post.I'm sort of tired of the usual,What new intro/greeting lines are trending out there?I'm interested in updating my collection.
Please share?
Warm colloquial pleasantries no less...Thank you.
    Still on the attitude o'gratitude,i'm amazed at how this blog challenge has inspired such a default state of gratitude,most especially in the bad or negative circumstances.
I recall these lines from my first gratitude journal entry:
   We gonna learn it
   We gonna speak it
   We gonna live it till our #Thanks-GIVING becomes #Thanks-LIVING!
And it has!...boy!do I live out gratitude?
Take for instance,I dislike rain ehn,anyone close to me knows its got the power to put a dapper on my day.I actually wished the dry season was sufficient in God's bandwidth of seasons...Guess what?all He created is perfect!
As I was saying,I dislike rainfall&would automatically grumble when it starts.
  Today however,as the rain fell heavily,I automatically saw a reason to be #thankful.I stay in an amazing apartment building where water becomes a challenge during the dry season because the well isn't so deep,so when the frequency of rainfall winds down,Mr Sule our caretaker locks the well(to our discomfort)so as to in his words,"Let the water rise" lool..and he usually disappears for a long time,leaving us hanging.My dear,it can be exasperating.
 Anyways,the rainfall had been few&far between this month and already,Mr Sule had stopped pumping water upstairs for us because in his words,"the water didn't rise",
and started locking the well this week to discourage non residents from fetching... As the rain fell incessantly,I surprised myself when I said out loud from nowhere,"I'm thankful for this rain,water supply just got better".
 In spite of the fact that the direction of the rain messed up my kitchenette,I had become so attuned to seeing reasons to be #thankful in every situation that I thought to be grateful instead of grumbling as I'm won't to do about rain..My mind had become programmed to #THINK to #THANK
    Believe me folks when I say #Thanksgiving is the most enriching virtue ever.Its the best SWAG(Someone/serving with an attitude of gratitude) you need to complete your daily outlook and guess what?It rocks too!...never goes out of style.
Learn to be #Thankful today!

Busola,my fellow chorister,sister in the same church family and doctor- -to-be (in a bit)will be sharing her #Gratitudejournal with us today.Be inspired!

Busola

Hmm… I never realised till today just how much effort, energy and brain power were required to write something as simple as this (unless you’re a seasoned writer like my friend Mademoiselle Lizzie). Last time I wrote something like this was during my essay writing days in secondary school. Boy, am I rusty now! Anyways, here goes…

I’m thankful to God for the ASUU strike. Honestly, this strike is a blessing (no disguises here). Though there’ve been days when I was bored out of my wits and sleep became something I did to pass the time (can I get a witness, somebody?), the strike has afforded me the time needed to carry out the lab work of my project (yep, I’m a final year student). I won’t bore you with details of my work, but let’s just say that it was gruelling and time consuming, and I’m glad it’s over.

I’m thankful for the simple pleasures of life; music and colours (without which the world would be a dreary and drab place), trees that provide shade on a hot day, food (oh, how I love food), normal bodily functions that we often take for granted, and laughter (nothing like a nice dose of laughter to keep you healthy and happy).

I’m grateful for technology; phones, laptops, electricity, lawn mowers, and generally things that make living in this century fun (I can’t imagine living in the pre-technology era. It must’ve been pretty boring). I’m thankful for the internet, especially google. I’m a curious being, so it’s good to know that when I have a question, I could always google it and I’ll get an answer (most of the time anyways). Thank God for people who do not mind sharing their knowledge over the internet.

Next on my gratitude list is family and friends. I’m thankful for my parents, particularly my mum who always supports me and allows me carry out whatever crazy ideas I come up with. I’m thankful for my siblings; we drive one another nuts, but we always have each other’s back. Thank God for great friends who are ever willing to slay dragons and move mountains for me, but do not hesitate to bring me to order when I’m wrong. And my school family, VHF!! That’s where you find some of the awesomest people on earth.

Finally, my favourite persons in the entire universe to be thankful for; *drum roll* the Loves of my life!
First, my Hero and Knight in Dazzling, Shining armour, my Adonai, who has blessed me with everything good and more. He is my God, my Father, my All in all, and the best thing that has ever happened to me. I’m glad I belong to You, Lord.
Second,I am grateful for my very own Caveman *smiles mysteriously*. My Guy and Grug all rolled in one amazing, Spirit-filled package. Together, we will follow the light and ride the sun to tomorrow. (y’all shouldn’t ask me what that statement means)

Well, this is where I say goodbye and thank you to Lizzie, for giving me the opportunity to express my gratitude. God bless you.

Lizzie
Yaaaaaay@VHF(The pillar and ground of truth where you find the awesomest people on the earth *huge grin*)
Thank you for living gratefully!....My joy at the emnating sweet perfume of a grateful heart doesn't equal God's....True that!
Thanksgiving does look good on You!

As usual,don't forget to go read my partners-in-gratitude @www.eziaha.com and www.giantsparkle.wordpress.com.


P.s;Did I mention I'm thankful for improved and still improving electricity supply?
I"m grateful my egusi soup(I added this so you can know I have egusi soup at the moment...*wide toothed grin*) can be refrigerated and not lose its savour to constant warming.

Blessings!
Resplendent Lizzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you...